Tuesday, 22 May 2012 14:16
The deafening silence of District 1 Congresswoman Maria Isabelle Climaco Salazar as to what position she will run in the 2013 elections is keeping the Laban ng Demokratikong Pilipino (LDP) partymates hanging in the balance, says a party member.
In an interview over Primer Ronda anchored by Philip Abuy, Councilor Jaime Cabato called on Salazar to already make the announcement on whether or not she will run for mayor in 2013 so that administration candidates could already position themselves for the coming polls.
“Beng should be decisive if she wants to run for mayor or not. Ara pa lang abla ya ele si quiere ba le core mayor o hinde,” Cabato emphasized.
The councilor disclosed he already talked to Mayor Celso Lobregat and his brother Jomar about the "indecisiveness" of the congresswoman.
“Ya man cuento ya iyo cunel mayor y Jomar porcausa deste cosa para el losdemas hinde ay man duha-duha pensa,” Cabato continued.
Cabato said at this time, his support is with Congressman Erbie Fabian for the mayoralty race. However, this will depend on the situation, he said.
In early interviews with Lobregat regarding Salazar’s silence, the mayor urged everyone to be patient and to give the congresswoman the chance to recuperate after undergoing medical treatment.
It will be recalled, Lobregat told Salazar to run for mayor claiming she was the people’s choice based from his personal consultations. However, Fabian said the alleged consultations conducted by the mayor was only a strategy because the real reason why the Mayor wants Salazar to run is because he wants to accommodate his brother Jomar who earlier announced his plan to run for congressman in District 2.
In the event that Salazar will not agree to run for mayor, Lobregat may have to run for vice mayor or challenge Salazar for the district one congressional seat, or run for senator if retirement is not yet part of his options.
by: Nonong Santiago
- 23/05/2012 11:24 - Shooting suspect surrenders
- 23/05/2012 11:21 - Red Cross to inaugurate new edifice
- 22/05/2012 14:18 - Jalosjos opens main political headquarters in Zamboanga
- 22/05/2012 14:17 - P8.59-B transition investment plan for ARMM up for discussion
- 22/05/2012 14:17 - PAF joins 'Brigada Eskwela'
- 22/05/2012 14:15 - CHED calls for moratorium on oversubscribed courses
- 22/05/2012 14:15 - DTI intensifies monitoring of prices of school supplies
- 22/05/2012 14:14 - Palace expects parents to support K+12 program
- 22/05/2012 14:13 - Jalosjos picks Sadain for District I Representative
- 22/05/2012 14:12 - Gov’t vows final peace pact with MILF to be publicized before signing