Saturday, 19 May 2012 12:12
Two motorcycles accidentally collided Tuesday that killed a motorist and injured two others along the highway of Sitio Presa in Barangay Curuan, this city.
All the victims were brought to Cristino Paragas Memorial Hospital for medical treatment but one of them was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Dead was Eleno Sebastian Cabalfin, 51, married, a resident of Sitio Ontong, Curuan, and the driver of Honda XRM 125 color blue with license plate number JM 6192.
Wounded in the incident were Polyduard Bucoy y Lubiano, 17, single, driver of the Honda XRM 125 color black with license plate number JP 8673 and his back-rider, Cerie Rose Bucoy y Lubiano, 12, both residents Of Curuan.
Curuan Police Station Chief Inspector Ricardo Garcia said Bucoy was later transferred to Zamboanga City Medical Center (ZCMC) for further medication while his back-rider was discharged due to slight injury she sustained.
He told Zamboanga Today that both vehicles involved in the incident were brought and impounded at the police station while the case is still under investigation.
Initial investigation conducted by the police investigators disclosed that both motorcycles were travelling in opposite directions and upon reaching Sitio Presa, Curuan allegedly Sebastian lost control of his motorcycle’s steering bar and accidentally collided with the other motorcycle driven by Bucoy.
Garcia added that they have scheduled a confrontation for the possible amicable settlement of the case between the two parties.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 19/05/2012 12:18 - Thailand delegation visits Sulu to observe 'Ulama' empowerment
- 19/05/2012 12:17 - BFP starts inspecting schools, dorms, boarding houses
- 19/05/2012 12:14 - Girl allegedly raped several times at home in Sta. Catalina
- 19/05/2012 12:13 - Gov. Tan awards core shelter units, inaugurates water system
- 19/05/2012 12:13 - GPH consults Zambo City execs on decision points
- 19/05/2012 12:12 - OPAPP to study results of fact-finding mission on RPA-ABB’s alleged abuses
- 19/05/2012 12:10 - ZCMC readies to receive more dengue patients
- 18/05/2012 11:02 - 2 died, eight others injured in cargo truck road accident
- 18/05/2012 11:01 - 5 suspected drug pushers nabbed in Recodo
- 18/05/2012 10:59 - Beng commissioned as Lt. Colonel in PHL Army