Friday, 18 May 2012 10:50
A fisherman was shot and wounded by an armed man along the shoreline of Sitio Intusan, Barangay Landang Gua, Sacol Island, this city, the other day.
Sacol Community Police Assistance Center (COMPAC), led by Chief Inspector Nonito Asdai, identified the victim as Udduh Jikilani, of legal age, and a resident of Barangay Taluksangay, this city.
Asdai said the victim sustained a lone gunshot wound in his right foot and brought to Zamboanga City Medical Center (ZCMC) for medical treatment.
The victim reported to authorities that he heard the name Khalib from one of the suspect’s companions calling the attention of the suspect in Samal dialect.
Initial investigation conducted by the responding policemen disclosed that the victim and his 3 companions were fishing at the vicinity of Sacol Island when their attention was called by the suspect backed by companions armed with an M14 Rifle and bladed weapons.
Probers said that the suspect without any provocation suddenly shot the victim when reaching the shoreline. They added the suspects fled immediately after the incident.
Authorities conducted follow-up investigation to establish the identity of the suspects for their possible arrest. They said motive is yet to be determined.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 18/05/2012 11:02 - 2 died, eight others injured in cargo truck road accident
- 18/05/2012 11:01 - 5 suspected drug pushers nabbed in Recodo
- 18/05/2012 10:59 - Beng commissioned as Lt. Colonel in PHL Army
- 18/05/2012 10:58 - Boalan residents clamor for Fabian not to retire
- 18/05/2012 10:58 - DTI: Prices of school supplies to remain stable
- 18/05/2012 10:49 - PRC set to get blood supply augmentation
- 18/05/2012 10:48 - Robredo changes tone over City's P2.7B deposit in bank issue
- 18/05/2012 10:45 - Sadain irks over ZCWD’s digging for pipe-laying proj
- 18/05/2012 10:44 - Zamcelco bares district poll results
- 17/05/2012 11:40 - Businessman shot dead in Talon-Talon