Thursday, 17 May 2012 11:36
The RCDG Construction called on Mayor Celso Lobregat to stop the implementation of the Integrated Bus Terminal (IBT) by another contractor in Barangay Divisoria, this city.
Atty. Vic Solis, RCDG Construction counsel, in an interview over RMN, said they filed a pending motion for Preliminary Injunction in the court, calling the city government to let the winning Zamboangueno company implement the construction of the IBT.
“We have requested the court to set the hearing on Friday. The mayor should explain why he awarded the project to another construction company and not to RCDG Construction since it clearly won in the bidding and was even awarded to implement the project but was ordered cancelled by the mayor,” Solis emphasized.
Solis said they cannot prevent Lobregat from implementing the project, but he warned the mayor if the court will decide in favor of their motion the project being undertaken by BinHar/3VC a Manila and Zamboangueno consortium will be stopped.
The lawyer said the mayor should follow the law, while it is true the TRO they sought from the court already lapsed but their motion for preliminary injunction is still pending.
It will be recalled, the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) conducted a bidding where BinHar/3VC won and is now doing the detailed engineering in the 10,000-hectare lot.
The mayor expressed optimism the project will push through without problems.
by: Nonong Santiago
- 17/05/2012 11:39 - Boy's body found in Arena Blanco
- 17/05/2012 11:38 - GAD conducts Women’s Congress
- 17/05/2012 11:37 - Lobregat inaugurates completed road, drainage projects at EAAB
- 17/05/2012 11:37 - Luyahan residents benefit from PPSC immersion program
- 17/05/2012 11:37 - PhilHealth set to hike insurance contribution
- 17/05/2012 11:36 - Asia Foundation, UMI conduct two-day grant mng't seminar
- 17/05/2012 11:35 - ZCWD: Proposed impounding dam will bring sustainable water supply
- 16/05/2012 12:48 - Pimentel: I can’t run with Zubiri
- 16/05/2012 12:47 - PUJ fare rate back to P7.50
- 16/05/2012 12:47 - Sin tax law, energy priorities in Congress, says Beng