Wednesday, 16 May 2012 12:45
A farmer was hacked to death by his neighbor because of a missing chicken at Sitio Sapa Moro, Baragay Latan this city, last Sunday.
The victim was identified as Gel Angeles y Macario, 42, married, and a resident of the same place.
He sustained multiple hack wounds in the different parts of the body resulting to his instantaneous death.
Police identified the suspect as Waldo Galvez, of legal age, also a resident of the said barangay.
Initial investigation conducted by Curuan Police Station disclosed that days before the incident, the victim allegedly took the suspect’s chicken that triggered the latter to ger angry.
Further investigation revealed that the victim went to the house of the suspect to settle amicably the conflict, but the suspect suddenly grabbed a bolo then hacked the former repeatedly.
The suspect fled immediately and ran towards unknown direction after the incident.
The cadaver of the victim was brought to Cristino Paragas Memorial Hospital for the post mortem examination and later was turn over to the relatives for proper disposition.
A manhunt operation against the suspect was launched for his possible arrest.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 16/05/2012 12:47 - PUJ fare rate back to P7.50
- 16/05/2012 12:47 - Sin tax law, energy priorities in Congress, says Beng
- 16/05/2012 12:47 - Body found still unidentified
- 16/05/2012 12:46 - CAAP launches Zambo int’l airport interior design contest
- 16/05/2012 12:45 - DOT IX to conduct 'Fiesta Engrande' on May 19
- 16/05/2012 12:44 - Fire Marshal warns business establishments
- 16/05/2012 12:42 - Lobregat inaugurates P1.8-M multi-purpose bldg. in Boalan
- 16/05/2012 12:42 - Mayor : IBT proj to push through soon
- 15/05/2012 11:32 - PDP-Laban President praises Lobregat
- 15/05/2012 11:31 - Dalipe is Boy Scouts' Most Outstanding Regional Chairman