Wednesday, 16 May 2012 12:44
Zamboanga City Fire District (ZCFD) Fire Marshal F/Supt Dominador F. Zabala, Jr. has warned business and other major commercial establishments with stay-in workers not to close or lock the main door or fire exits of the building and any other exits the prevent their workers leave the area in cases of fire or any other untoward incident that may occur while the workers are inside.
He said there are several business establishments with stay-in workers who are allegedly closing or locking the main doors or any other exits that will prevent their workers from leaving the area where they sleep or stay.
Zabala also disclosed that his office will conduct surprised or unannounced inspection on major business establishments in this city particularly department stores or malls, hotel, boarding houses and the like to check if their fire exits or any other exits in the buildings are unlock and passable in case of any untoward incident that may occur in the building or in the case of fire.
Seventeen stay-in workers were killed during a fire last week in a three building of a business establishment in Butuan City and only four survived the P 30 million worth of property destroyed by fire.
Zabala also said that his office received reports that some business establishments in this city with stay-in workers were reportedly closing or locking the entrance or any other exits of their establishments that will prevent their workers from leaving their establishment in the evening and that these workers cannot leave the establishment in cases of fire.
He added that violations of these Fire Code rules particularly the locking of fire exits when people are inside the building will be fined from P37,500 to P50,000 as their penalties.
"No quiere kita socede el cosa ya socede alla na Butuan donde maga stay-in workers no hay puede escapa durante el grande quema na 3-andana edificio. We will also conduct surprise inspections on all these buildings if they comply with the implementing rules and regulations of the Fire Code of the Philipines," Zabala concluded.
- 16/05/2012 12:47 - Sin tax law, energy priorities in Congress, says Beng
- 16/05/2012 12:47 - Body found still unidentified
- 16/05/2012 12:46 - CAAP launches Zambo int’l airport interior design contest
- 16/05/2012 12:45 - DOT IX to conduct 'Fiesta Engrande' on May 19
- 16/05/2012 12:45 - Farmer hacked to death
- 16/05/2012 12:42 - Lobregat inaugurates P1.8-M multi-purpose bldg. in Boalan
- 16/05/2012 12:42 - Mayor : IBT proj to push through soon
- 15/05/2012 11:32 - PDP-Laban President praises Lobregat
- 15/05/2012 11:31 - Dalipe is Boy Scouts' Most Outstanding Regional Chairman
- 15/05/2012 11:31 - Enesando bolts out from PDP-Laban, joins LP says he will again try his luck in congressional race