Wednesday, 09 May 2012 12:34
The Rotary Club of Basilan in partnership was recently the recepient of a $15,000 million dollars or P635,249.98 pesos worth of donation of assorted medicines from of a Basileño in Canada.
The money was raised by Mr. Art de Vera, a member of the Basilan City High School Batch '60 having a tie-up activity with the Health Partners International Canada and Zamboanga Hermosa Canada.
The Rotary Club of Basilan in partnership with the Lamitan City Health Office headed by Dr. Vicente Yu, III, the City Health Officer facilitated the medical outreach program held last month at the ABC Hall.
Dr. Yu was given the privilege by the Rotary Club in the distribution and use of the medicines to the poor and indigent persons in Lamitan City.
The local government unit (LGU) has been been minimizing resource mobilization to include assistance from the many kind hearted minimizing individuals and organizations to address the essential needs of the people of Lamitan.
Last May 2, 2012, the Sangguniang Panlunsod (SP) of Lamitan passed a Resolution No. 2012-76 expressing its sincere thanks and appreciation to Mr. De Vera for the donation. Press Release
- 10/05/2012 13:18 - Medvedev becomes Russia's new PM
- 10/05/2012 13:16 - “It’s More Fun in the Philippines” on target, hits 1.1-M tourist arrivals in Q1
- 09/05/2012 12:39 - Sun Cellular enhances postpaid experience with add-on plans
- 09/05/2012 12:35 - La Aunor’s new film will showcase Tawi-Tawi as tourism destination
- 09/05/2012 12:34 - NFA encourages farmers to increase rice prod’n
- 09/05/2012 12:33 - Senator-judges poised to finish impeachment trial before June 7
- 09/05/2012 12:32 - VP Binay: Police should be held accountable for 'humiliating' former Senate Pres. Salonga
- 09/05/2012 12:25 - Police crime syndicates & meat smuggling
- 09/05/2012 12:24 - High-tech ways the federal gov't is spying on private citizens
- 09/05/2012 12:23 - Greater tasks ahead after Nonong Jalosjos' declaration
Put your Feature Ad here ...