Wednesday, 09 May 2012 12:23
For the past several months, concerned taxpayers who were clamoring for a peaceful and progressive Zamboanga City have been moving heaven and earth to convince Nonong Jalosjos to run for Mayor of Zamboanga City in 2013 election.
And finally, Jalosjos' loyalists were vindicated when Nonong, after having been convinced of the sincerity of his supporters many of them are unknown to him, declared on April 26, 2012 that he is indeed running for Mayor of Zamboanga City.
Some supporters appear as if election is over after Nonong's declaration especially when he presented his 25-point agenda with peace and order on top of the list. We are just on first step of a thousand miles journey, a supporter was quoted as saying.
There is a greater task ahead for the supporters to convince the people of the honest intentions of Nonong Jalosjos to transform Zamboanga City into a better highly urbanized city with his battlecry, "Zamboangueños for the Transformation of Zamboanga City" with improved peace and order.
by Rex Miravite
- 09/05/2012 12:34 - Rotary Club Basilan receives $15,000 donation from Canada-based Basileño
- 09/05/2012 12:33 - Senator-judges poised to finish impeachment trial before June 7
- 09/05/2012 12:32 - VP Binay: Police should be held accountable for 'humiliating' former Senate Pres. Salonga
- 09/05/2012 12:25 - Police crime syndicates & meat smuggling
- 09/05/2012 12:24 - High-tech ways the federal gov't is spying on private citizens
- 08/05/2012 13:07 - Enrile wants eight-hour impeachment trial each day
- 08/05/2012 13:03 - 10-year-old record in long jump broken at the start of the Palarong Pambansa
- 05/05/2012 11:55 - Palace says Philippines able to relax tension in Panatag Shoal
- 05/05/2012 11:54 - Palace renews commitment to protect media practitioners, ensures press freedom
- 04/05/2012 13:19 - BSP backs global unified credit ratings
Put your Feature Ad here ...