Tuesday, 03 April 2012 11:55
Fifty two years past, the Rotary Club of Basilan was organized in 1960 and its charter was granted by the Rotary International on the same year.
Last Tuesday, March 20, 2012, the Club held a simple and austere 52nd Foundation Anniversary celebration at Isabela City in the island Province of Basilan. Col. Ricardo R. Visaya was invited as the guest of honor and main speaker for the occasion. He was represented by the Deputy Commander, Col. Demy Tejares 104th Brigade, Philippine Army. The occasion was held at the ISAWAD Hall, Isabela City courtesy of the Water District Manager Aleli C. Almodovar, a President nominee of the Rotary Club for year 2013.
Incumbent Rotary Club President Jessica W. Eisma-Flores, distributed plaques of recognition and awards to selected personalities and notable Rotarians hereabouts. Among those who received the award is Mr. Fregildo Salazar Bajala, Barangay Chairman of Colonia, Lamitan City in recognition of his valuable support and cooperation that made possible the signing of the Memorandum of Agreement in connection with health services program on the adoption of the Barangay Health Center of Colonia, Lamitan City. Dr. Vicente P. Yu, III, Lamitan City Health Officer also received an award in appreciation of his valuable help in facilitating the health services program of the Rotary Club Mr. Peter Phiipps B. Lahaman, Supervisor of the Terminal Port of Isabela, PPA on the same occasion also was a recipient of an award in recognition of his valuable involvement that made possible for the Rotary Club to realize its project painting of the four way TEST at the concrete wall fence of the Terminal port area, PPA Isabela City.
Vice Governor Al-Rasheed Sakkalahul, Past President of the Rotary Club was given a plaque of recognition in appreciation of his selfless dedication to public service and direct involvement as Chief government negotiator for the safe release of kidnapped victims and peaceful settlement of conflicts towards avoidance of bloodbath in the island province of Basilan which show the sincere manifestation in response to Rotary International slogan “Reach within to embrace Humanity”. Dr. Agnes Ouida P. Yu, Rotary Club Past President was also a recipient of an award in recognition of her effort and involvement to the promotion of health service and literacy program of the Rotary Club.
- 09/04/2012 00:00 - Six suspected members of Taiwan's int'l drug ring barred entry at NAIA?
- 03/04/2012 12:10 - Filipinos well-off in Cambodia, says ambassador
- 03/04/2012 12:05 - Skylanterns light up Zambo skies on Earth Hour 2012
- 03/04/2012 12:05 - EU to take up lifting of sanctions vs Myanmar on April 23
- 03/04/2012 12:04 - Aung San Suu Kyi wins by-elections, NLD sweeps most parliamentary seats in Myanmar
- 02/04/2012 11:47 - House okays granting of additional benefits to Filipino centenarians
- 02/04/2012 11:47 - U.S. discussing next steps on N. Korea: State Dept.
- 02/04/2012 11:42 - Unabated illegal gold mining in Zamboanga del Sur continues
- 31/03/2012 11:17 - China warns against actions damaging peace in South China Sea
- 31/03/2012 11:16 - Ombudsman penalizes 21 PNP officers over Davao death squad