Saturday, 18 March 2017 14:10
The city council of Lamitan, last Wednesday, declared a state of calamity in the entire city.
Vice Mayor Roderick Furigay said, the City Council concurred with the request of the barangay chairmen of all the 45 barangays calling for the declaration of the state of calamity in their communities.
The continuous heavy downpour has affected almost all the barangays, but 11 communities were severely hit by strong winds and rains.
According to Furigay, crops, rice fields, rubber trees have been severely damaged by the rains thus, the need to declare the state of calamity so that the city government would be able to assist the barangays.
“Ya bira ya man maga hente ya evacua, tiene ta construi ya tamen el diila maga casa ole,” Furigay said.
He said the barangay chairmen can also use part of their IRA for the calamity in their respective communities with te declaration of the state of calamity.(Nonong Santiago)
- 22/03/2017 12:19 - Cocolisap funds await PCA, City Hall coordination gab
- 22/03/2017 12:18 - Koko sees okay of free internet access, six key bills this year
- 22/03/2017 12:18 - Ateneo shines anew in Physician Licensure Exam
- 21/03/2017 13:15 - Globe At Home Customers Meet the Cast of Wicked
- 21/03/2017 13:13 - Zambo harvests 80 gold medals in ZPRAA
- 18/03/2017 14:03 - Double barrel reloaded nets four more
- 17/03/2017 14:05 - SSS releases March differential of P1,000 additional benefit
- 16/03/2017 14:21 - Aboitiz, DTI partner anew for Matigsalug livelihood project
- 16/03/2017 14:19 - 6th InfoCar meets with 100 IDPs
- 15/03/2017 12:18 - Forwarding company robbed