Thursday, 16 March 2017 14:19
Some 100 internally displaced persons (IDPs) met with local and government agencies for a half-day engagement to discuss the progress and developments of the City’s rehabilitation and recovery efforts.
Spearheaded by the Communications Working Group (CWG), the general assembly cum camp dialogue convened the IDP leaders and camp managers of the different transitory sites yesterday morning, March 15, at Masepla for an open forum where they can ask questions and seek clarifications from resource persons on matters such as housing, social services, utilities, security, sanitation, and other concerns.
The camp dialogue is one of the continuing initiatives of the CWG to assist IDPs with their information needs, and provide accurate and relevant information on rehabilitation efforts as they develop.
Joining the camp dialogue were IDP leaders and camp leaders from the Masepla transitory site as well as representatives from the Buggoc, Silsillah, Rio Hondo, Tulungatung, and Kasanyangan transitory sites who will echo the discussions to their communities.
Meanwhile, resource persons included the local and national agencies of the National Housing Authority (NHA), the City Housing and Land Management Division, City Civil Registrar, City Environment and Natural Resources, Department of Education, ZAMCELCO, Zamboanga City Police Office, Task Force Zamboanga, Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), the Commission on Human Rights (CHR), and international non-government organizations (INGOs) such as the IOM, CFSI, and IRDT.
To supplement the open forum, the CWG also distributed news pamphlets documenting the activities and services provided by different agencies. Questions were also collected, which will be answered and compiled as part of a frequently asked questions (FAQ) resource for future reference.
To date, six information caravan waves have been initiated by the CWG and its partners. For its sixth iteration, the CWG opted to conduct a single camp dialogue and information drive by gathering all IDPs, camp managers, and concerned agencies in one activity to maximize the dissemination of information.
Queries requiring further clarifications will be elevated by the CWG to the Local Inter-Agency Committee (LIAC). (Jasmine Mohammadsali)
- 21/03/2017 13:13 - Zambo harvests 80 gold medals in ZPRAA
- 18/03/2017 14:10 - Lamitan in state of calamity
- 18/03/2017 14:03 - Double barrel reloaded nets four more
- 17/03/2017 14:05 - SSS releases March differential of P1,000 additional benefit
- 16/03/2017 14:21 - Aboitiz, DTI partner anew for Matigsalug livelihood project
- 15/03/2017 12:18 - Forwarding company robbed
- 14/03/2017 13:42 - PAGASA forecasts late El Niño
- 14/03/2017 13:41 - NGCP launches program for aspiring transmission line personnel
- 13/03/2017 13:51 - NGCP to continue massive facility improvements in 2017
- 13/03/2017 13:50 - Beng commits to Duterte’s order to use powers toward peace