Saturday, 08 September 2012 12:41
Police arrested a motorist, allegedly driving a stolen motorcycle, and who tried to evade a police-military checkpoint at the National Highway in Barangay Curuan, this city, Wednesday.
Arrested was Abdulnasir Wahi y Tanji, 35, married, a fisherman, and a native of Ilang Muslim Village in Davao City.
Curuan Police Station commander Chief Inspector Ricardo Garcia said Wahi was driving a Honda XRM motorcycle with plate number OZ 3509 from the city proper and on his way to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay Province (ZSP).
The suspect upon sensing the presence of a police-military checkpoint along the highway, he immediately turned around but was stoppe and collard by Private First Class Jonathan Mavisan.
Garcia told Zamboanga Today that when he was asked for the document to show ownership of his driven motorcycle he failed to present it to the police personnel.
Further investigation conducted revealed that the motorcycle was registered under the name of Burlat Lino, a resident of Tamarind Road, Forbes Park, Makati City with Official Receipt number 796558746 and Certificate of Registration number 5583576-0.
The suspect was brought and detained at Curuan Police Station for proper custody and filing of appropriate case in court. His motorcycle was impounded at the said police station for safekeeping and proper disposition.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 12/09/2012 14:44 - PAGASA says city is experiencing abnormal amount of rainfall
- 12/09/2012 14:42 - WMSU law school marks 30 years
- 12/09/2012 14:39 - Woman arrested for ‘shabu’ in buy-bust in Bunguiao
- 08/09/2012 12:49 - Uncle hacks 19-yr-old nephew in Brgy Ayala
- 08/09/2012 12:48 - Arnold Clavio is the new “kabalikat” of farmers in new Uno Feeds commercial
- 06/09/2012 14:06 - 12-yr-old son of tribal leader killed in Zambo del Sur
- 06/09/2012 14:03 - Mayor Lobregat studying to ban plastic in the city
- 06/09/2012 14:02 - MNLF grand meeting to tackle unity and peace in Mindanao
- 05/09/2012 14:45 - Drug suspect falls in buy-bust in Sangali
- 05/09/2012 14:42 - Maimbung integrated public market now operational
Put your Feature Ad here ...