Thursday, 06 September 2012 14:03
Mayor Celso Lobregat is toying with the idea of implementing a plastic ban in this city to help save the environment.
“Estudya kita si chene ba alternative y cosa paper bag pwede. It’s not something we will implement without studying,” Lobregat said in an interview.
Asked if he favors the idea of a plastic ban, he said: “Depende si pwede ayuda na environment. Porque hinde? But we have to see the effects si chene ba alternativo.”
These plastic bags can be blown and clogged not only the drainage, but also the seas and river which could affect marine life. Most of the garbage being collected from the residents is composed of plastic materials.
The other options aside from using plastic bags are the use of bayongs, paper bags, and reusable bags.
In some places in Metro Manila, such as in Muntinlupa, Mandaluyong, Makati, Las Piñas, Quezon City, and Marikina, plastic is regulated or banned. This campaign was pushed to help save the environment and to reduce the amount of plastic wastes that could clog drainages which could cause flooding.
By R.G. Antonet Go
- 12/09/2012 14:39 - Woman arrested for ‘shabu’ in buy-bust in Bunguiao
- 08/09/2012 12:49 - Uncle hacks 19-yr-old nephew in Brgy Ayala
- 08/09/2012 12:48 - Arnold Clavio is the new “kabalikat” of farmers in new Uno Feeds commercial
- 08/09/2012 12:41 - Motorist nabbed at PNP-AFP checkpoint in Curuan
- 06/09/2012 14:06 - 12-yr-old son of tribal leader killed in Zambo del Sur
- 06/09/2012 14:02 - MNLF grand meeting to tackle unity and peace in Mindanao
- 05/09/2012 14:45 - Drug suspect falls in buy-bust in Sangali
- 05/09/2012 14:42 - Maimbung integrated public market now operational
- 05/09/2012 14:29 - 2 stabbed in San Roque
- 04/09/2012 13:41 - Power supply deal approved
Put your Feature Ad here ...