Friday, 06 July 2012 15:26
There’s no doubt about it. Value adding service is an important instrument in S&T product development and promotion in response to the changing demands of the market. This was manifested during the training spearheaded by the Western Mindanao Agriculture, Forestry and Resources Research and Development Consortium (WESMARRDEC) on June 25-27, 2012 at Grand Astoria Hotel, Zamboanga City.
The events’ theme “Value Adding: Pushing S&T Products to the market” is but fitting to the ultimate goal which is to create an S&T-based enterprise with intent to push Techno Mart
products from the production point to the market. Seventy-five (75) participants all over Region
IX were invited to the said training comprised of Magsasaka Siyentistas (MSs), farmer-adopters,
FITS managers and staff, the academe, stakeholders, producers and students.
The Regional Research and Development Coordinating Committee (RRDCC) Chair and
Western Mindanao State University President-Dr. Milabel Enriquez-Ho and the Techno Transfer
and Promotion Division (TTPD) Director of the Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic and
Natural Resources Research and Development (PCAARRD)-Dr. Melvin B. Carlos were among the distinguished guests during the occasion.
Dr. Ho, during the opening program, emphatically urged the participants to maximize their potential and to think of ways and means to gradually match the “value added” products of big market players. According to her, WESMARRDEC and WMSU will always support the
agricultural agenda of the Region to reach such heights.
Meanwhile, Dr. Carlos, in his message, commended the efforts of the Consortium in packaging the different topics to be discussed for the duration of the event. However, he noted that there is a need to include macro and micro financing so that farmers will know where to resort to if they experience difficulty in finance.
The speakers for the event were tapped from agencies and government offices; DA-IX,
SMARRDEC, DTI-IX, DOH-FDA IX and DOST-IX who delivered the topics Agricultural Products with Good Market Potential, Local and International Market Potential of Cocosugar, Marketing Strategies and Prospects, FDA licensing Requirements for Food Manufacturers and
Labeling Requirements of Pre-Packaged Food and Packaging and Labeling Design respectively.
Knowledge in market potential of agricultural crops, innovations and S&T integration, advance entrepreneurial skills, good market analogy, information on basic licensing requirements and proper packaging and labeling and trainings such as this will collectively increase the chances of the farmers in the Region, the would-be producers and entrepreneurs in penetrating both the local and international market scenes.
by: WMSU Press Release
- 06/07/2012 15:40 - Police, military rescue 114 persons in Davao Oriental flashflood?
- 06/07/2012 15:39 - 'Habagat' brings rainshowers in most parts of the PHL
- 06/07/2012 15:35 - MMDA backs DOLE on fixed wages for bus drivers
- 06/07/2012 15:32 - US President urges immigration reform at July 4 citizen ceremony
- 06/07/2012 15:26 - Stocks, peso hit another record-highs
- 06/07/2012 15:24 - PHL seeks to expand trade with Viet Nam
- 04/07/2012 12:50 - AboitizPower signs $546-M deal for construction of coal-fired project
- 04/07/2012 12:43 - CSC forms TWG to review SALN form and guidelines
- 04/07/2012 12:42 - DOH launches rotavirus vaccination, PhilHealth catastropic benefit package?
- 04/07/2012 12:42 - FVR cites Special Forces' role in the war on terror and insurgent groups
Put your Feature Ad here ...