Friday, 06 July 2012 15:24
The Philippines and the Viet Nam Trade Promotion Agency Wednesday brought together business executives from the two nations to promote bilateral trade.
Philippine businesses came looking for Vietnamese partners and distributors in areas like industrial paints, preservatives and other substances used in foodstuff, herbal medicines, confectionery, and animal feed.
Viet Nam is the first destination for the Philippine delegation. Following its three-day visit ending today (Thursday), the group will go on to Laos, Myanmar, and Cambodia.
Vo Ta Luong, deputy chief representative of the HCM City office of the Ministry of Industry and Trade, said trade between Viet Nam and the Philippines is looking up.
It was worth US$ 2.3 billion last year and $ 1 billion in the first five months of this year. Viet Nam exported rice and other agricultural produce, processed food, and steel and imported machinery, confectionery, and fertilizers.
"The Vietnamese Government has always identified co-operation with neighboring countries as a core priority," Luong aid.
"Philippines is a strategic partner," he added.
The trip was organized by the Philippines' Bureau of Export Trade Promotion.
- 06/07/2012 15:39 - 'Habagat' brings rainshowers in most parts of the PHL
- 06/07/2012 15:35 - MMDA backs DOLE on fixed wages for bus drivers
- 06/07/2012 15:32 - US President urges immigration reform at July 4 citizen ceremony
- 06/07/2012 15:26 - Stocks, peso hit another record-highs
- 06/07/2012 15:26 - Pushing S&T Products to the Market
- 04/07/2012 12:50 - AboitizPower signs $546-M deal for construction of coal-fired project
- 04/07/2012 12:43 - CSC forms TWG to review SALN form and guidelines
- 04/07/2012 12:42 - DOH launches rotavirus vaccination, PhilHealth catastropic benefit package?
- 04/07/2012 12:42 - FVR cites Special Forces' role in the war on terror and insurgent groups
- 04/07/2012 12:40 - Higgs Boson: Physicists see best proof yet of 'The God Particle'
Put your Feature Ad here ...