Friday, 29 June 2012 13:36
President Benigno S. Aquino III inaugurated the newly constructed port facility of the International Container Terminal Services, Incorporated (ICTSI) located at the Manila International Container Terminal (MICT) in Manila on Thursday.
The President led officials, employees and guests of ICTSI led by its president Enrique Razon, Jr., in pouring champagne on the facility’s marker formally opening the ICTSI’s Berth 6’s operations to the public.
Constructed at a cost of $ 200 million, Berth 6 adds 300 meters of additional port area and 12 hectares of container storage space to the existing facility thereby expanding operations and services at MICT from 1.9-million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs), a measure used for capacity in container transportation, to 2.5-million TEUs.
With Berth 6, MICT now has 1,600 meters of berth which can accommodate five to seven container vessels at one time.
To help move around more containers efficiently, MICT’s container handling equipment has also been upgraded to include 12 quay cranes and 45 rubber tired gantries.
Joining the President for the inaugural ceremonies were Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim, Transportation Secretary Manuel Roxas II and Philippine Ports Authority General Manager Juan Sta. Ana.
ICTSI is a leading port management company involved in the operations and development of 23 marine terminals and port projects in 17 countries worldwide.
- 03/07/2012 13:19 - Enrile gives President Aquino’s first two years in office a passing mark
- 02/07/2012 13:04 - Aquino government considers changing mindset of people as greatest achievement in two years
- 02/07/2012 13:03 - NGCP has sufficient power supply to sustain needs of consumers
- 30/06/2012 11:33 - English translation of the new Roman Catholic missal implemented
- 29/06/2012 13:36 - Aquino vows to go after corrupt officials in gov't
- 29/06/2012 13:35 - BSP projects June ’12 inflation forecast between 2.5-3.4%
- 29/06/2012 13:35 - Visayan lawmaker wants moratorium on ore exports to China
- 29/06/2012 13:33 - Comelec creates committee to address concerns against use of PCOS machines
- 29/06/2012 13:32 - Container port operation remains upbeat due to country's bullish economic performance
- 29/06/2012 13:25 - Drilon on CJ nomination: 'It’s more fun in the Senate'
Put your Feature Ad here ...