Wednesday, 20 June 2012 14:05
DAVAO CITY - Vice President Jejomar C. Binay today expressed confidence that the housing shortage in the Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) will be addressed through the Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP).
The Vice President who is also Chairman of the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC), led the signing a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB) and ARMM OIC Gov. Mujiv Hataman for technical assistance on the CLUP Cluster Planning Program.
Binay also headed the distribution of 97 Transfer of Certificates of Titles (TCTs) to beneficiaries of the Social Housing Finance Corporation’s (SHFC) Community Mortgage Program (CMP).
“The Memorandum of Understanding that Governor Hataman and I signed… signal our mutual commitment to pursue real urban development,” Binay told ARMM local government officials who witnessed the signing.
“Umaasa akong ang araw na ito ang simula ng mas malapit na samahan ng ARMM at ng mga ahensiyang pabahay ng pamahalaan,” he added.
The CLUP is the result of a structured decision-making process on how land is used in a local government unit (LGU), and is used as the primary and dominant bases for the future use of land resources and reclassification of agricultural lands.
The housing czar said the HLURB is tapping all of its regional field offices to support its CLUP zero backlog program.
He thanked Hataman for giving the national government the opportunity to orient the ARMM LGUs on the different programs and housing services of the key shelter agencies.
Through the MOA, HLURB commits to assist the local governments in ARMM to come up with their Comprehensive Land Use Plans and zoning ordinances, the Vice President said.
“This is why we are here today. We are extending our hand to help the LGUs of ARMM assess their needs opposite their resources, strategically plan for their communities, prioritize projects and turn these into investment opportunities,” he said.
According to Binay, ARMM currently has more than 633,200 illegal settler families.
Binay also said that based on the HLURB records, only 49 out of 118 LGUs in ARMM, or 42 percent. have approved CLUPs/ZOs. These are also now due for updating.
“Sa pamamagitan ng CLUP, isinasaayos, pinipili, at isinasaalang-alang sa mga wastong sona ang inyong mga lupain batay sa gamit. Ang mga gamit na ito ay bilang residential area, commercial area, industrial area, food production area, environmentally protected area, at iba pa,” he said.
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - Forbes releases list of World's 100 highest-paid athletes
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - Ochoa: EO to harmonize national, local mining policies
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - P-Noy declares June 21 as special non-working day in Pagadian City
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - SC justice elected International Association of Women Judges president
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - WB backs Mindanao peace process by granting add'l P129-M assistance
- 20/06/2012 14:04 - 30 BPO firms in billionaires’ club
- 20/06/2012 14:04 - Giant mushroom cloud forms over Beijing
- 20/06/2012 14:03 - GPH, NDF break 17-month impasse; resume informal talks in Norway
- 20/06/2012 14:00 - House leader urges agri producers to abandon planned 'market' holiday
- 20/06/2012 13:58 - Palace appeals to Filipinos not to go to Syria
Put your Feature Ad here ...