Friday, 25 May 2012 11:14
Department of Justice (DOJ) Prosecutor General Claro Arellano on Wednesday confirmed that Judge Amifaith Fider-Reyes of San Fernando City, Pampanga Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 42 has issued a warrant of arrest against Delfin Lee, the owner of Globe Asiatique.
Arellano said that no bail was recommended for the temporary liberty of the accused in the syndicated estafa case.
According to Arellano, the RTC did not immediately issue the warrant of arrest against the accused until such time that the prosecution team has presented enough evidence on the case.
Arellano said that the RTC judge found probable cause to proceed with the case against Lee.
Likewise, Judge Reyes also ordered his court staff to explain why the court was not informed about the six boxes of evidence presented to the court, hence, the issuance of the warrant of arrest was delayed.
Earlier, the DOJ has recommended the filing of syndicated estafa case against Lee.
The case stemmed from the alleged use of Globe Asiatique of "ghost borrowers" and fake documents in order to avail of a P6-billion housing loan from the Home Development Mutual Fund/Pag-IBIG Fund
by: HDMF/Pag-IBIG). (PNA
- 29/05/2012 11:24 - Pacquiao ready to fight Bradley - Roach
- 29/05/2012 11:24 - Robredo says LGUs need disaster preparedness seal to use calamity funds
- 29/05/2012 11:23 - Gov’t rejects bids for 3-mo T-bill
- 29/05/2012 11:22 - Aquino announces P25-B GSIS investment fund for infra projects
- 26/05/2012 11:48 - Senate may hold weekend impeachment trial
- 25/05/2012 11:14 - 'I will not sign any waiver,' says Drilon
- 25/05/2012 11:12 - Sun cellular posts highest 1Q growthrate in TELCO industry
- 24/05/2012 11:23 - Comval to build Asia’s longest Zipline
- 24/05/2012 11:22 - UNFPA cites P-Noy's strong advocacy for public health
- 24/05/2012 11:22 - SSS salary loan releases to 1-M members reach P15.8-B in 2011
Put your Feature Ad here ...