Saturday, 04 August 2012 12:21
The Philippine National Red Cross (PNRC-Zamboanga) has culminated ‘Blood Donors Month,’ during recognition program held at the Red Cross Social Hall in Pettit Barracks last Tuesday.
It was a grand occasion for the blood donors as Mayor Celso Lobregat lauded and inspired groups, institutions and individuals during the recognition rites.
Lobregat who is a “Sandugo Outstanding Local Government Executive 7-time Hall of Fame awardee,” said the occasion was to dramatize public awareness of the need for quality and safe blood, recognize blood donors and encourage regular blood donation.
PNRC hierarchy headed by PRC Board of Directors chairperson Dr. Milagros Fernandez, PNRC Administrator Vic Liozo, and councilor Lilia Nuño awarded the representative of District 2 Congressman Erbie Fabian, District 1 representative Beng Climaco-Salazar, Supt. Pedro Melchor Natividad, Tetuan Barangay Kagawad martin Waldo Atilano and mediaman and Talon-Talon barangay kagawad Teodyver Arquiza as Champion of Blood Services.
Other awardees include Fr. William Quiamjot and Dante De Leon received gold medal each (voluntarily donated 25,000ml of blood); silver medalists Benjamin Carpio, Jr., Ambrosio Valerio and Bobby Alcos (16,000 ml of blood) and the bronze medalists were Ramon Siyluy, Jr., Raymond Ojeda and Carlo Marlo Jacobe.
The Sandugo awardees include Lumayang barangay Chairman Frederick Atilano, Teutan Barangay chairman Felipe Natividad, Sta. maria Barangay chairman Justo Lacandalo and Talisayan Barangay Chairperson Josephine Pareja.
The bloodiest sectors were Pasonanca as the Bloodiest barangay, Bloodiest Fraternity was awarded to Zeta Phi Omega Fraternity and Sorority, Bloodiest University and Secondary School was awarded to ADZU and ADZU High School Department; Bloodiest Hospital, Zamboanga Doctor’s Hospital, Inc.; Bloodiest Public Utility, Zamboanga City Water District (ZCWD), Bloodiest Government Agency, Philippine Ports Authority; Bloodiest TV Station was awarded to ABS-CBN.
Special citation plaque was also awarded to Zamboanga Today Social editor Mila Arieta and Zamboanga Today reporter Antonette Go, RMN-Radyo Agong Manager Joel Sanson, Jewel Reyes and Queenie Casimiro of ABS-CBN, Sta. Catalina kagawad Jimmy Villaflores (RMN-Radyo Agong), Dante Corteza, JSOTF-PHIL, Crispin Dalisay, Western Mindanao State University and Pastor Bonus Seminary.
A total of 52 blood galloners who voluntarily donated at least 4,000 ml of blood led by councilors Rudy Lim and Myra Paz Valderroza-Abubakar, Mario Roca and other individuals. Here are some of the photos taken
By Monch L. Follosco.
- 14/08/2012 14:54 - 2nd Batch: Little Princess Zamboanga 2012
- 13/08/2012 14:09 - ZCMS inducts new president
- 09/08/2012 00:00 - SMART girl having her smart birthday bash
- 09/08/2012 14:45 - Labastilla elected PASATAP VP for Mindanao
- 06/08/2012 14:13 - RC Zamboanga and City Blood Council honor 11 top Barangay Chairmen
- 03/08/2012 15:06 - Pinay & Proud – Celebrating the Uniqueness of the Filipina Woman
- 03/08/2012 15:01 - Pinay & Proud – Celebrating the Uniqueness of the Filipina Woman
- 02/08/2012 15:04 - A grand birthday celebration for Meding
- 01/08/2012 11:11 - Labuan Barangay Chair Oning Maravilla celebrates birthday with medical and dental outreach
- 28/07/2012 12:52 - Elbert "Bong" Atilano celebrates Fiesta Ayala
Put your Feature Ad here ...