Monday, 23 July 2012 14:24
The weather fully cooperated as the Department of Tourism IX (DOT) has launched its Vinta Sailing at Paseo to give an added attraction to the city last Saturday afternoon at Paseo del Mar.
Five colorful vintas awaits the guest and the pubic who experienced a vinta ride around Paseo del Mar.
Vinta has been an icon of the City and the Department of Tourism is very confident that this will add spice for those who would like to visit the city.
Before the maiden ride, a program was conducted where local dances were danced to include the pangalay.
Present during the said activity were Mayor Celso Lobregat and DOT IX Acting Regional Director Mary June Bugante who had a maiden ride.
After the maiden ride, the public immediately flocked the area to experience a free vinta ride last Saturday and today.
Normally vintas can only be seen during the regatta but this will now be a regular program every weekend. The public can now experience a vinta ride every Saturday and Sunday from 4pm to 6pm for only P50 per head.
By R.G. A A. Go
- 28/07/2012 12:52 - Elbert "Bong" Atilano celebrates Fiesta Ayala
- 27/07/2012 12:38 - SCAA MOA Signing
- 26/07/2012 13:13 - “PICPA: 2012 Accountancy Week Celebration”
- 25/07/2012 13:55 - POEA Regional Director Renegold Macarulay turns a year older
- 24/07/2012 14:18 - CHING – NGAN wedding
- 21/07/2012 11:41 - BRIANNA turns 4
- 20/07/2012 00:00 - TINA turns 65
- 18/07/2012 13:40 - RC North 33rd Joint Induction
- 17/07/2012 14:27 - Adela celebrates birthday with ZDA
- 16/07/2012 13:48 - PECOJON conducts roundtable discussion with media men in Cebu City
Put your Feature Ad here ...